Call for Abstracts
The Academic Committee of the Congress of the Sri Lanka Medical Association invites you to submit abstracts for the 130th Anniversary International Medical Congress -2017.
All submissions should be made electronically through the online abstract submission system. Hard copy submissions directly to the SLMA office will not be accepted. Each author is permitted to submit a MAXIMUM of three (3) abstracts ONLY.
All authors who are eligible for SLMA membership should become members of SLMA for the abstract to be included in the book of abstracts.
Please note that NO amendments to the submitted abstract (including the author list) would be entertained after closing of abstract submission.
All research studies should have obtained ethical approval. All Clinical Trials should be registered with a Clinical Trials Registry. Authors should provide letter of approval from an accepted Ethical Review Committee (ERC) for research studies and registration number for Clinical Trials upon request.
The SLMA reserves the right to make alterations and to edit the text to improve presentation.
Instructions for online abstract submission
- The title of the paper should be concise and the SLMA reserves the right to modify the tittle where necessary.
- The Author(s) name(s) should be in the format of last name followed by initial(s). Please DO NOT use prefixes such as Mr/Dr/Prof.
- The body of the abstract MUST NOT exceed 250 words.
- The abstract must be structured as follows;
- Introduction and objectives
Please insert the relevant section in the cage given in the abstract submission form.
- Please DO NOT include the title, names of the authors, institutions, sub-headings or any tables/graphs/figures or references within body of the abstract. Only the text of the abstract for that relevant section should be included.
- Please upload the abstract as a word document formatted according to the following specification though the link provided in the online submission form.
- Font: Times New Roman, font size: 12, single line spacing
- Title: Bold capital letters
- Authors: Last name followed by initials, with the name of the Presenting Author underlined. A superscript number should be placed after each name to refer to the respective affiliations. Affiliations must be listed below the authors.
- Body of the abstract: Structured with the subheadings Introduction and Objectives, Method, Results and Conclusion.
* Abstracts not conforming to the above instructions will be rejected. Accepted abstracts will be published in the book of abstracts.
* Those abstracts that are accepted but not physically presented (oral or poster) at the congress will not be included in the Ceylon Medical Journal Supplement containing the abstracts. Failure to make a presentation (oral or poster) of an abstract once confirming participation by the corresponding author will be considered an episode of academic/scientific misconduct and the authors will be liable for punitive action.
A panel of reviewers will review abstracts anonymously and the decision of the Scientific Committee will be final.
The presenting author is required to register for the sessions upon acceptance of the abstract.
Abstract Submissions Deadline : 31st March 2017, 23.59 Sri Lankan Time
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!